We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
A question a lot of people often ask is… Can you cook fish sticks in an air fryer? The answer to the question is yes. An air fryer is a versatile kitchen appliance that allows you to cook food in a way that resembles traditional deep-fat frying, but without the drawbacks of actually using oil. It uses air circulation and convection heat rather than oil to cook foods like fish sticks.
They come out crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, just like they’re supposed to, so whether you’re having a night in with your significant other or just want a quick weeknight dinner for yourself, these fish sticks are absolutely perfect for any occasion!
What you’ll need:
You just need frozen fish sticks (or fish fingers) to make this dish.
How to Cook Fish Sticks in an Air Fryer
We walk you through the whole process, step-by-step, so you can make them at home with ease in very little time.
- First off, preheat your air fryer to 390°F (200°C) and place the fish sticks in the preheated air fryer basket. Make sure the fish sticks are dry before you put them in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 4 minutes at 390°F (200°C), then turn and air fry for 4 more minutes. If your fish sticks are still not crispy after that time, just add a few more minutes.
- You’re done! Serve immediately with your favourite sides and/or dipping sauce!
Remember: In an air fryer, food cooks very quickly, so you don’t want to overdo it!
Tips for better results:
- Don’t defrost the fish sticks before you cook them, cook them straight from frozen.
- Be sure to cook your fish sticks in a single layer if you’re making more than a few at once; this will help make sure that they all cook evenly. If your air fryer basket isn’t big enough to hold all of the fish sticks you want to make at once, cook them in batches.
- Cook time will vary based on your air fryer, how many you’re cooking at once, and how crispy you like them. Most air fryers get them crispy in about eight minutes, but yours might take more or less time; just adjust the time based on how crispy you like them.
- When you have finished cooking the frozen fish sticks in your air fryer, you can sprinkle them with whatever seasoning you prefer.
- Serve immediately after cooking for best results!
You can make great fish sticks in your air fryer in just a few minutes! In fact, it takes less time to cook these fish sticks in an air fryer than it does to drive to a fast-food restaurant, wait in line, order, and pick them up.
That’s right—with this delicious recipe, you can skip the drive-thru! The best part? These healthy fish sticks taste extra crispy without the need for oils.
If you want your fish sticks perfectly cooked and golden brown, with no worry about soggy breading or undercooked centres, then this recipe is perfect for you!