We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
Many people ask… Can you cook salmon in an air fryer? The answer to this is yes and you will never want to cook it a different way again. Cooking salmon in an air fryer is fast and easy.
Salmon is a common dish that you can prepare at home and enjoy with friends and family. This makes it an ideal meal to cook when you want to get the job done quickly.
It is also a healthy option that is low in calories and serves as an excellent source of protein. Here we will explain how to cook salmon in an air fryer.
What you’ll need:
- Fresh salmon fillets (up to 1-inch thick is best)
- Olive oil
- Powdered garlic
- Love Salmon Rub (a mix of paprika, thyme, brown sugar, salt, and pepper)
The key to cooking salmon in an air fryer is seasoning the fish before cooking. The seasoning will help give your salmon flavour and make it taste fabulous.
How to Cook Salmon in an Air Fryer
- Season the salmon.
- Line the air fryer basket/sheet with foil and spray it with cooking spray. (Or if you have an oven-type air fryer, just line the baking sheet with foil and spray it with cooking spray).
- Cook the salmon, oiled side down, in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes (if you have an oven-type air fryer) or 10 minutes on one side, then 7 more on the other side if you have a basket-type air fryer.
- Serve your delicious air fried salmon with some sides or as it is!
- Choose smaller pieces of salmon fillet so that they cook evenly. Wipe them dry with a paper towel so that the spices will stick better.
- Insert a Meat Thermometer into the thickest part of the fish to make sure it reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit. This will ensure your salmon is cooked through and will be safe to eat.
- You can serve this salmon with many sides like creamy mashed potatoes, tortellini alfredo and more.
So, it is true that cooking salmon in an air fryer doesn’t take as much time compared to other methods of cooking. If you add more spices/seasonings and sauces, it will add more flavour to the salmon, thus making a complete dish. Cooking salmon in an air fryer is easy and it yields awesome results. Enjoy!
Also See… Can You Cook a Chicken in an Air Fryer?