Eggy bread, also known as French toast is a very popular breakfast or snack for any time of the day, the question is… Can you make eggy bread in an air fryer? The answer to this is YES you can. The good thing about eggy bread is that is it very cheap and easy to make. Here we are going to tell you the ingredients that you need and the method to make your perfect eggy bread dish.
Each serving provides:
- 372 kcal
- 19g protein
- 47g carbohydrate (of which 3g sugars)
- 12g fat (of which 2g saturates)
- 3g fibre
- 1.3g salt
How to make Eggy Bread in an Air Fryer
- 1 large free-range egg
- ½ tbsp milk
- vegetable oil
- 2 thick slices of bread, halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- tomato ketchup or brown sauce, to serve
- Beat together the egg, milk and a generous amount of salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Heat enough oil to just cover the bottom of a large frying pan over a medium heat. When the oil starts to shimmer, dip the bread into the egg mixture and add it to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Serve with tomato ketchup or brown sauce.
- This is even better made with leftover pieces of a French baguette.
- If you’re not a fan of tomato or brown sauce, then sweet chilli or Sriracha is also delicious for a spicy twist.
- You could even add a fried or poached egg for a more filling meal.