Soft boiled eggs are another very popular dish that most families like, especially if you have kids as they love dipping toast or bread into the nice soft yellow egg yolk. Can you make soft boiled eggs in an air fryer? The answer to this is YES and they are very easy to do and they turn out perfect every time.
Making soft boiled eggs in an air fryer is much different as they are not being boiled, the air fryer cooks them with the circulating heat still giving you perfect results every time. This is a great dish as you can have it for breakfast, lunch or just for a snack any time of the day.
This method is very easy and also perfect for kids that love soft boiled eggs leaving little or no mess at the end to clean up.
How To Make Soft Boiled Eggs in an Air Fryer
- 2 Eggs (Serves 1 person).
- Salt & Pepper (Optional).
- Bread or Toast (Optional).
We recommend your eggs being room temperature before you cook them. If your eggs have been cooled, leave them on the countertop for 20-25 minutes, they should be perfect for cooking then.
- Gently place your room temperature eggs into the air fryer, make sure you leave a little bit of space between each one.
- Set the air fryer temperature to 132°C & cook for 9-11 minutes depending on how soft you like your eggs. Larger eggs may take a little longer.
- Once cooked, remove eggs from the air fryer using Tongs (Please note that the eggs will be very hot) & place them into a bowl of cold water for 3 minutes.
- Dry eggs with a paper towel or kitchen roll & place them in egg cups.
- Serve & enjoy.
Please Note… Different model air fryers make vary on times a little bit.
Cutting your bread or toast into strips, also known as soldiers are great to dip into your soft-boiled eggs giving you the maximum taste of the runny yolk, making them more filling and a lot more enjoyable, you can also add salt and pepper for extra flavour.